Seoul Central Masjid
History of Islam in Korea
Early Introduction Stage
- 1955 (September): Imam Zubercoch and Abdul Rahman, Participated in the Korean War as military service members, reached Quran for the first time in Korea.
- 1955 (October): Korean Muslim Committee started (Umar Kim Jin Kyu as Chairman: Imam and Secretary General uhammad Yoon Doo Young)
- 1961 (September): 14 men mission headed by Senator Ubaidulla of Malaysia stayed in Korea for 13 days.
- 1962 (August): The Malaysian Prime Minister Tunku Abdul Rahman donated $33,000 for the construction fund of Central Masjid of the Korean Muslim
- 1963 (October): The Malaysian Speaker brother Haji Muhammad Noh visited Korea in (promised to propose to the Malasian government for the development of Korean Muslim)
- 1967 (March): Korea Islam Foundation approved by Ministry of Culture and Information of Korea (Approval No. 114, March 3, 1967)(Chairman Suleiman Lee Hwa Shik), Secretary General Adul Aziz Kim Il Cho)
- 1974 (December): Through the good offices of late President Park Jung Hee, 1,500 m2 of land was donated as building site for Central Masjid.
- 1974 (May): Construction of Seoul Central Masjid and Islamic Center were completed and opened.
- 1976 (December): Busan Temporary Masjid opened, Br. Kim Myung Hwan began to perform dawah work.
- 1976 (March): Korea Islamic Cultural Centre Installed and being operated in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
- 1978 (April): Temporary Masjid opened at Yok-ri Gwangjoo-eup, Gyunggi-do, Korea: brother Abdullah Jun Deuk Lin began to preach Islam to the people.
- 1978 (October): The largest pilgrimage group of 132 persons went to perform the holy pilgrimage for the first time in Korean History; Kuwait Temporary Masjid opened.
- 1980 (May): The then prime Minister Choi Gyu Hwa promised to King Khalid of Saudia Arabia to donate the land for the construction of Korea Islamic College during the joint comminique.
- 1980 (July): 130 thousand Pyongs of land was donated for the construction of Islamic College in Yongin, Gyunggi-do, Korea.
- 1980 (September): Opening ceremony of Pusan Al-Fatah Masjid was held
- 1981 (June): Opening ceremony of Kwang-Ju Masjid was held
- 1982.(August): Indonesia Branch was established
- 1983 (August): W.A.M.Y. Seoul Regional Camp was held under the auspices of O.I.C. & W.A.M.Y.
- 1984 (August): W.A.M.Y. Local Muslim Camp was held.
- 1985.(July): The 1st Leadership Training Camp was held
- 1985 (August): The 2nd W.A.M.Y. Local Muslim Camp was held
- 1986.(April): Opening ceremony of Anyang Rabita Al-Alam Al-Islamic Masjid was held
- 1986 (September): Opening ceremony of Jeon Joo Abu Bakr sidiq masjid was held
- 1987 (August): 87 W.A.M.Y. Local Muslim Camp was held
- 1988 (August): 88 W.A.M.Y. Local Muslim Camp was held